Cycling is a sport like no other because people cycle for many, many reasons. For fitness, for the social aspect, for transportation, and for competition to name a few.
I ride because:
- IT MAKES ME HAPPY!! I arrive to the office in the best mood and mentally alert and ready to tackle my projects!
- It allows me to balance all of the important things in my life while achieving my personal health and fitness goals at the same time.
- Because I incorporate physical activity into my daily commute, I no longer go to the gym where I am stuck indoors "working out". I can enjoy lunch with my colleagues instead.
- I feel connected to my community and my surroundings. As I pedal uphill and downhill, I feel the wind on my skin, my heart pumps blood through my body, I smell flowers blooming or the aroma of a BBQ from the backyards I pass by, I shift into a higher gear to put a little resistance training on my calves, legs, thighs and bum. And I get to greet people I pass along the way with a "hello!" or "good day!"
- I can spend quality time with my family and friends while having fun and see new places.
I can go on and on about all the reasons why I love cycling!! So why do you ride?